Monday, December 15, 2008

MESSAGE MODAYS: Ride Together, Dont Carry



...so my friends and I were discussing football and got to the topic of players and their mishaps..it got back to Pacman Jones...now I know alot of ppl that know Pacman personally and I remember him in high school because he attended my rival high school. He was a senior when I was a freshman in highschool....anyways, we realized that alot of his troubles in the nfl came from the fact that he still hangs with the same ppl he grew up with. NOW NOW NOW...Im not saying when you get rich and famous or successful you should leave yor friends behind...Im saying dont let anyone latch on to you..let loose of the ones who dont have the desire fo forward movement in their life like you....


Now alot of my peers are graduating and/or getting into their lifelong careers...I suggest you evaluate the friends that stay with you....I did...This what I did...I asked my each of my friends if I was to win the lotto tomorrow what would they want....some said useless things like cars, clothes, money for them to waste..those arent the friends I need because they are looking for handouts in life..I cant benefit from them, and if you cant benefit you can only be brought down....the other friends said things thatll benefit their future and the careers they wanted to go in...like houses, buy them a business, give them money to invest or pay off school.....those are the friends you need because they are looking to gain from you what can help get to their level...and likewise, you can benefit from them...they are their to ride with you and not be carried....some friends I can ride with

No comments: