Monday, February 9, 2009

MESSAGE MONDAYS: Dont forget..

Another late post...

So I admit I didnt watch the grammys...I was too busy working on being there next year a.k.a. in the studio...but I did look at performances online. One performance struck me, not because it was all that great but, because it reminded me of a disaster that hasnt been fully recovered and fixed. Katrina. Before I saw the clip of Wayne and Robin Thicke performance Katrina had completeley left my mind because I wasnt directly affected and coverage of Katrina's aftermath has been few. This so often happens and why alot of matters are left unfinished. There is a disaster and people are hyped and down for the movement of the moment and when the hype disappear, so the does the followers of the cause. Leaving its victims forgotten. Think about it...when was the last time you thought about Jena 6, Katrina, or even Sean Bell. All matters that had full support in its highest moments of hype. All matters that are still unresolved. All matters that are forgotten...Its a sad thing to its victims who feel like their matters will be resolved because they have the support of the world. Yet, they are forgotten and still struggling. I apologize Katrinians and New Orleans natives for forgetting. Also I send these apologies to Jena 6, Sean Bell, and 9/11 victims. I promise the next disaster that moves me I wont support unless I see it all the way through. Because too many times victims are forgotten...

So while yall left the Grammys concerned about the new Ike & Tina a.k.a. Chris & Rihanna...Im leaving yall with a real message they tried to give...dont forget...

No comments: