Monday, November 17, 2008

MESSAGE MONDAY: Keep it to yourself...

Okay, for today's message Ima say sometimes you have to keep things to yourself. I know you all thinking thats random but let me explain....

I believe sometimes we mess up opportunities by spilling the beans on it to early...examples...

1.Potential mate...Say you like someone and you see them smile at you or wave at you...or if youre in the beginning of the 'talking' stations with someone.....dont run back telling all your friends..telling your friends give them false hope and make you look into something more than you shouldve...causing you to try to speed up the process or act funny around someone...and end up messing up an opportunity...while your friends keep asking about them because they thought you were further along with that person then you were...

2. Career move...dont let on to career advances unless its already signed and sealed...i'll give an example of me..last year I ran into Andre 3000 at a vegetarian spot on the Southside of ATL..I freestyled for him, he liked it, and since I didnt have a demo on me he told me to give my demo to the owner of the spot because they were cool and he would pick it up...now I did that but Dre never got it because he was out of town for months..I think it was during the time he was filming the movie with Will Ferrell...anyways, I was so excited tho I told like every one I knew...it was out of pure excitement but in retrospect I was falsely implying that I was about to be Andre's protege' and I was ashureshot to be put on...giving my friends false hope that they shouldnt have ever had....

there are other examples but basically my message to yall is to learn to keep it to yourself...

No comments: