Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DREADLOCK TUESDAYS: My fave locs....

Okay I told you for the first dreadlock tuesday Im posting my all-time fave male and my all-time fave female with locks....well here they are....

Fave male:
BOB MARLEY

No one has popularized the dreadlock style in the Western hemisphere more than this man and the rastafarian movement of his native Jamaica. His locks were a symbol of his spirituality and it will forever be attached to his music and the love he ws trying to spread.



Fave female:
ASSATA SHAKUR

She is one of the most strong willed as well as one of the most beautiful woman to grace this earth. Her story is a remarkable story stapled in American history. I can only believe that her choice to grow her locks were an extension of 'the cause' and grounded in her love of anything Africana.

No comments: